cpu usage 100 % and memory usage almost 2 gb

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

qasimidl

I am using windows 7 ( 64 bit )

my cpu usage is now 100 % and memory usage is almost near to 2 GB..

I installed Avast months back. .

now i have newly installed Microsoft Security Essentials ..

1) when i try to uninstall Avast there is no uninstall option even in Add/Remove program it does not show up in list.

2) When i try to end process of Avast it shows me message ."Access Denied " although i am administrator
and only single user

3) What i want just to keep my CPU Usage down ( almost 5 to 10 % Max )
because i have not installed any thing to use CPU usage like 100 %

I have visual 2008 with Sqlserver 2005 and office 2007, like these

please help me to make my system proper as i used to have...

thanks

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
Having two anti-virus installed will cause problems, so first try uninstalling Avast using the utility here: http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

If that doesn't help your CPU usage, look in Task Manager to see if a process is using a lot of CPU time. FWIW I have Visual Studio Pro 2010 and noticed sqlwriter and sqlserver consuming lots of CPU so I disabled them in Services.msc since I don't use them.

resmon will give you a better overall view of what is using what. Just click start orb and type resmon and run the resmon.exe.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.