CPU usage....argh

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rascalking

Hey everyone. For some reason, my cpu usage hits 100% if I open more then 1 application. At first, I thought it was a virus, so I did a system recovery and started from scratch. The problem is still there. I dont get whats going on.

What programs were you running just prior to noticing the increase? if you hit Ctrl+Alt+del
and click on the tab that says "processes" then click on CPU and look at what is eating up your cpu the most. post those programs here. Might just need a good ol defragging.

rascalking

doesnt matter what application. If I just open 1 it will hit like 75% and any more then 1 will hit 100% and the computer will completely slow down.

But under the "processes tab" on Task manager as above, what is the actual process name that is using all the CPU resource.

Here's the deal rascalking. I'm workin on a computer right now, I just opened up Itunes. It's not a HUGE program, it hit 75 and then up to 93%. and that was only 1 program. I understand that it's a problem for you. When did you first notice this spike in cpu usage? What program were you 1st trying to access when you noticed it?

We can't help you without more info.

How much RAM do you have? is it 1 stick or 2? Are we to assume that it's WinXP since you are in the Win XP room?
The more info you can give us the more recommendations we can give. Try the best to describe "it" even if it doesn't make sense to you it might to us.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online