CPU usage at 100% ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rachet

I'm in task manager and my usage has been at 100% for quite some time... any idea why? =S I'm not doing anything other then browsing and download a Bleach Episode.. using IDM, google chrome is open with only 3 tabs open and thats it... any idea why its at 100% ??? =(
I don't want my CPU to fry!

valis

bring up your task manager, go to processes tab, and sort by CPU. That will tell you which app is thrashing the processor.

rachet

Image name: System Idle Process
CPU: jumps from 70 to 95 (40 to 49 when wmpnetwk.exe is on)
Memory: 24K
Description: Percentage of time the processor is Idle

Image name: wmpnetwk.exe
CPU: 50
Memory: 16,460K
Description: Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service.

I end process the wmpnetwk but it still comes back even though I don't have WMP running. What can I do?

My CPU is now running above 50% and hasn't gone higher then 80%

valis

try the following:

1. In Windows Media Player turn off media sharing

in the library tab right click on it > click "media sharing" unclick the media sharing tab and click ok

2. Turn off the "WMPnetwk.exe" service
Under the "RUN" command in the start meni type "services.msc"
Scroll down to "Windows media player network sharing"
Double click and under startup type set to disabled

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts