1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CPU usasge very high

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by computerdummy0, Jan 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. computerdummy0

computerdummy0 Thread Starter

Hi,

I have trouble with my computer. its a asus, with inter i7, but it is running extremely slow and is not able to handle several programs at a time. I have noticed that my cpu usage is high and the computer is making noise right from when I turn it on. Does anyone know how to fix or confirm my suspicion?

Thank you so much!

2. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    Confirm your suspicion? That'd be hard to do without knowing what your suspicion is.

What's making noise? A fan, hdd, PSU, fan on a GPU?
    Run the TSG utility, which you can get by clicking HERE, and post the result. Then, and only then can someone give you a qualified guess as to what your issue(s) is/are.

As for the high cpu. Disable the Windows search/indexing and see it that'll help you. Often I've seen that those background tasks take enormous amounts of CPU.

Also, open the task manager and see exactly which task(s) are using so much CPU utilization.

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I suspect you mean Intel

You failed to state the model of Asus and what version of Windows it is running.

4. computerdummy0

computerdummy0 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 69 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 12176 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 94 GB (42 GB Free); D: 127 GB (127 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., UX303LN
    Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

There are tons of tasks that I have no idea what is doing in my task manager..

upload_2019-1-22_10-26-44.png

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Get rid of Avast Antivirus and stick with Windows 10's built-in antivirus app.

---------------------------------------------------------------

6. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Sorry, I don't run Windows 10.

Not sure what you attempted to show with Task Manager because the % there add up to less than 10%. That is not a lot of CPU usage.

7. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    You'll @computerdummy0 , will need to sort the CPU utilization by percentage with the highest first. Only then can we see which services/tasks are taking the most.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222077

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice