1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CQ60 Blank White Screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by allentx_guy, Oct 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allentx_guy

allentx_guy Thread Starter

Oct 11, 2010
    I saw this issue in the forum. And I'm having the same problem as the original poster. If anyone has a solution, I'd certainly appreciate the guidance. This laptop (Compaq CQ-60) is about 6 months old. Because it was so cheap, I didn't bother buying the warranty. It got dropped, so naturally we had to replace the LCD screen. It worked perfectly after that for about 2 weeks. Now when you turn it on, it's just a solid white, blank screen. If we connect an external monitor, we can use it. But otherwise, we're kinda screwed. Using my troubleshooting skills here, if it has a display (externally) then the motherboard and video card would apparently be functioning as expected. One other thing, I can adjust the brightness using the function key and the corresponding f key. Did this new LCD screen just go bad?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/955513