1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cq61 laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rextoplis, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rextoplis

rextoplis Thread Starter

I have a HP CQ61 laptop, this machine developed a fault in so much that the screen display was intermitent but would work if pressure was applied to the hinges, I took it to a local repair shop, they had it for 2 weeks and it has now been returned totally unworkable.

The position is now that the mains light and the battery lights show and the battery is charged

Pressing the On button causes the wireless light to flash once,

The screen is at all times black.

The people who have handled this [ it was fully functional as stated when they took it in ] the only

advice they have offered is 1] IT MIGHT BE SCREEN
    2] IT MGHT BE THE MOTHERBOARD
    3] IT MIGHT BE THE HARD DRIVE

It seems to me that the origonal fault may have been possibly a poor 'sllding' contact' or a broken connection cable between the board and the screen.

With respect to the problems I have inherited are there any "reset " points that have been disturbed,
    if so where are they?

Any help and advice you can give will be gratefully received.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

REX

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    If the monitor was working before you took it to them, I would return it to them demanding that they at the very least return it to the state it was in before you took it to them. (If they refuse I would seek the help of a consumer advocate group in your area.

If you connect an external monitor to it does the system work?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1091051

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice