1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Crackling in my sound

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Keltz, Nov 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Keltz

Keltz Thread Starter

Sometimes randomly i have crackling noises in my sound and i have no clue what is causingit i have the latest drivers for my soundblaster xfi fatal1ty soundcard just seein what u guys can come up with.

2. Sponsor

3. MaverickUK

MaverickUK

You may have the speakers too close to the monitor/computer, try placing them apart.

4. Keltz

Keltz Thread Starter

well i use a headset

5. MaverickUK

MaverickUK

In which case, wires may have come loose somewhere externally or internally in the headset. The crackling is usually a sign on static, which there's little you can do to fight against it.

I often get it on my pretty new Logitech surround sound stereo - it's just a build-up of static.

6. Keltz

Keltz Thread Starter

Ok cool dude thanks

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/654239