1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Crackling, popping and distortion on wireless headset

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shirothesloth, Apr 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shirothesloth

shirothesloth Thread Starter

Hello,
    recently I've noticed a huge problem with my audio; whenever I listen to music or play games, the sound gets distorted and starts popping and crackling really hard. The crackling can also be heard whenever I adjust the volume from the Windows volume icon.
    I'm using Windows 10, the headset is Turtle Beach Stealth 450. I haven't done any changes to my PC recently and I've never experienced this problem before.
    I've updated the newest drivers and checked inside the PC case, I've also disabled all audio devices other than my headset, I've disabled audio enhancements and changed the default format to 16-bit;48000Hz, but nothing seems to help. What should I do?

Edit: sometimes when this happens and I adjust the volume from my headset, the volume quickly jumps to a loud frequency and won't turn down before I turn off the headset.

ppa.png

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Test the headset on another computer. That will determine if there is a computer/software or headset issue.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!