Cradle of Rome 2 error message - HELP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dianekroll

I keep getting the following message when trying to play Cradle of Rome 2. So far Awmen (maker of Cradle of Rome) can't seem to help me. I have no problems playing other games with more graphics than this game. Here's the error message that I get.

Error: Access violation at 0 X 0328EFAE (tried to write to 0 x 00000000), program terminated>

Does anyone know how to fix this?....I have played Cradle of Rome the original game and did not have this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

Did you download the game..if so try downloading it again and uninstall the one you have and resinstalling the new one.

There will be little suport for the game it is like a beta version

dianekroll

It's funny, but I've tried that over and over and from different sources as well.....IWIN has it, GAMEHOUSE and AWEM, the originator, plus I just downloaded from BIG FISH - each and every site has had error problems. I'm beginning to think it is VISTA!:(

Couriant

James
Probably, have you run the setup with administrator rights?

dianekroll

I have tried that AND I just got another email from AWEM - here's what they suggested:

The game wrapper is based on Internet Explorer.
We noticed that there was a problem of the wrapper
with some versions of Internet Explorer. We've
made a build without Internet Explorer basis.

then they gave me a link to download this other version and lo and behold - it too shut down my computer.....I think I really need to give up!....but if you tech guys want to keep offering up suggestions I think that is great!....I'm thinking that maybe I need service pack 3? or IE 9?

dianekroll

OH LOL!...i should have figured that out!..:)..actually it just fades to black! - after 10 minutes of play though my computer starts to run loud and then i know i'm at the game play end and that's when it just shuts down!....:(

i haven't heard back from awem support so they probably don't have an answer either!..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online