1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Craftman leaf blower problem

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by docooh53, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. docooh53

docooh53 Thread Starter

Aug 19, 2012
    Currently have a 5 yr old craftsman leaf blower......recently, the blower is very hard to start & won't idle. I replaced the spark plug, fresh gas, air filter, gas filter and line. Still experiencing the same issues.....
  2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

Aug 15, 2007
    There should be a low speed and high speed adjustment screw
    on the carbuerator.
    If you can't get it to run by adjusting those,then the reed in the carbuerator
    is probably worn out and the carb will need a rebuild.
    The reed is usually a part of the gasket inside the carb.
    The low speed screw should be adjusted for smooth idle and the high
    speed screw should be adjusted while running full speed.
    It should be adjusted until it is running smoothly at highest speed,then
    backed off til it starts to flutter a bit.
    You don't want it running out full speed as it will burn up and seize.
    The flutter is caused by the reed vibrating to control the speed.
  3. mtzlplex

mtzlplex Account Closed

Aug 5, 2002
    The last time I had a small engine exhibit the types of problems yours is, I picked up a small bottle of Sta-Bil fuel stabilizer at Walmart, and added small amounts to the gas tank of the engine every time I would fill it up. Sta-Bil will help gum/varnish from forming on the internal engine parts, and help keep it from returning(safe to use on all engines). Now, that being said, it may help your engine start, and run smoother, and it may not, but that would be a place to start. I know in my case, it helped my engine start, and run smoother. But if you have a worn part, then that would need to be replaced, or rebuilt.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1066064