crappy e machines boot up fail

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

computerdummyz

Emachines el1333g-01w will start up with windows 7 logo and say starting windows then after about 10-20 sec the screen goes black.I've tried recovery management.advance boot option.restore to default averything i could think of doing.but same thing screen goes black.i can't even get the desktop on there its really fustrating can anyone help me? Also I'm not in any way a computer wiz or know the lingo i know basic and common knowledge of computers..
comp info::
Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
amd athlob 2850e processor
320 gb hdd
2 gb ddr2 memory
pheonix award workstation BIOS
wdc wd32 00aajs-22l7a scs1 disk device
also i replaced to 3volt cr2032 battery that was inside the tower..and still nothing

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
how long has the computer had Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit on it please
and does the installation include SP1

computerdummyz

It has had windows 7 since i bought it about 4/5 yrs ago and i don't kbow what sp1 is..how can i find out..

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Cheers - I asked only because windows 7 64 bit with only 2GB ram is really on the edge
Not that it is the amount of ram - that is the cause of this problem
I was just making certain that it had worked OK

SP1 Service Pack 1
if you have had windows all that time you more than certainly have that.

Using the F8 key on post can you get to advanced boot options
and will it then boot to Safe Mode
if not can you get to a cmd prompt from F8

When you replaced the CMOS battery did you check the cleanlinless of the fans and CPU cooling fins

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
M:

The eMachines EL1333G-01W desktop originally sold for less than $400.00 and came with:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

AMD Athlon 2850e 1.80 GHz single-core processor

2 GB of DDR2-800 RAM (supports up to 4 GB)

-----------------------------------------------------------

You said you tried something called 'restore to default', how exactly did you do that? I am trying to determine if you have used a recovery image from a partition. If that is indeed what you did, then it may be a hardware problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online