1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

crash and no drive...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KablooieXL, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KablooieXL

KablooieXL Thread Starter

Hey guys

Weird things are happening to my puter lately... This happened while playing World of Warcraft. (hold on, this is not a game question, but hardware :)) While I was playing, the game froze up on me (it has been working fine before), followed by an EMTY blue screen of death... So I reboot my system and get a DOS error-message on startup, stating something like "please insert bootable media device and reboot", or something similar to that... So I reboot and again and get that message AGAIN... After rebooting a couple of times, windows finally loaded up. So I play the game again this morning and the same thing happened. When I rebooted this time, I went into the CMOS and checked the primairy drives and strange strange strange, it didn't detect my C drive... (I only have 1 internal harddrive and 1 external USB HD) About 2 years ago my puter blew up coz of a faulty Power Supply. The explosion busted my vidcard too. I installed a new PSU and vidcard, but the puter has been unstable ever since. So my question is, do you think this is a harddrive issue or is my motherboard finally dying on me? Either one wouldn't surprise me... The mobo cud die coz of old age AND the aftermath of the explosion (and last week my sister's mobo (same mobo as mine) died too, which we bought at the same time), and the harddrive cud be giving out coz of the same reason... Any thoughts? Mobo or harddrive?

~KablooieXL

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Howdy,

I think you have answered your Q yourself....

You could check the cables to the Hard drive are tight.....

And with what happened to the PC before then I would suspect the motherboard might be the issue

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543371

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice