1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Crash Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Amanwiller, Oct 31, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Amanwiller

Amanwiller Thread Starter

Problems(all related and started happening at the same time)

During normal usage of PC:

1)PC will freeze up and result in a reboot or BSOD(video scheduler internal error)

2)Monitor display will go black and come after a couple of seconds *or* it will display “no signal” and reboot.

3)Audio(SAMSUNG(NVIDIA High definition Audio)) sounds horrible. For example if open an application and it asks, “do you want to make changes to this device” usually u would hear a little chime. Instead I hear a chime that rapes my ears. Sounds god awful. It does this for like the first 10 seconds of a YouTube video then goes back to normal. Can’t even use pc. Unusable.

What I have tried but didn’t work:

1. Trying my gpu in a friends pc(works flawlessly in his)
    2. uninstalling nvidia drivers using driver uninstalled then reinstalling latest drivers using fresh install. I’ve also tried downloading older versions of the drivers
    3. Resetting the entire pc clean.
    4. Running blue screen viewer to see that It’s caused by something called watchdog.sys and dxgmms2.sys and dxgkrnl.sys
    5. Used command promt to search for corrupt files. None
    6. Ensured secure connections to gpu
    7. Replaced hdmi cable used to connect monitor to gpu
    8. Updated bios
    9. tested PSU in another PC (works fine)

Evga gtx 1080ftw

ASUS ROG STRIX x370-f

Cx550 PSU

Ryzen 5 2600

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Since you have performed a Windows 10 reset, then you should try downloading MS Media Creation Tool to Generate a Windows setup DVD or USB memory stick. Boot with that, choose Setup > Custom, delete all partitions, and install a clean version of the latest version of Win 10. Windows 10 comes out with a new version every half year.

3. Amanwiller

Amanwiller Thread Starter

Thanks so much for the response. Unfortunately this did not solve the problem. Everything seemed fine however until I downloaded my nvidia driver.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, I see one BIG problem here; cx pw supply. Corsair makes some fine pw supplies however the cx series is not one of them; it is for a basic build ie onboard video, running office, etc NOT running a 1080 video card.
    This just screams pw problem to me. Your video card does not use much pw until the driver is installed then the pw consumption goes way up.
    Since this is an asus board, go to the support page and download/install Asus AI suite. Note the only part you need to install is dual intelligent processor. This will monitor your voltages ie 12V, 5V, and 3.3V rails. Post the result here. When checking the voltages, run something that will stress the system ie a video benchmark, prime95, OCCT, etc. Let the stress test run for at least 2min to stabilize temps and voltages.
    Here is the link to the support page;
    https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-X370-F-GAMING/HelpDesk/

While checking, I notice a LOT of bios updates that address compatibility and performance. You might consider updating the bios to the latest one. IF you do, be sure and read the flashing procedure. While a bios update is not difficult, an incorrect flash can render your motherboard unbootable ie junk.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235016

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice