1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Crash & Restart when connecting to the net

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by krishnanaik, Feb 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. krishnanaik

krishnanaik Thread Starter

Hi..

Hope someone can help. I am getting really frustrated as every time I connect to the net my laptop crashes or an error msg pops up with a msg warning that the pc will restart in 60 secs. I have AVG and AD-Aware and run both but the problem still persists. Please help ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

2. DaijoubuKun

DaijoubuKun

try disabling the messenger service, this has nothing to do with MSN messenger. It opens up some nice security holes.

Right click on My Computer and then on manage.
    Goto services and applications, then on services. find the messenger services and disable it and make sure it's stopped. Then try again. if it pops up again try to run the command
    "shutdown -a"
    that will stop the countdown.
    click start then run, if 2000 or xp type "cmd" or else "command" (I forget what 2000 was). then type in shutdown -a
    that will abort it. Give that a try and let us know.

3. krishnanaik

Iv disabled it but didnt really get wat to do next. Pls let me know what to do with the run command.last time this happened to my pc i was told to do some hijack stuff and delete some files. pls let me know wat to do???

4. krishnanaik

when i tyed inshutdown -a

i got a msg saying unable to abort the system shutdown because no shutdown was in progress

wat shud i do??

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/445738

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice