1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Crash To Desk Top Or Reboots

Discussion in 'Games' started by chewyfurball, Oct 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chewyfurball

chewyfurball Thread Starter

I hope someone can help me im trying to figure out why
    everytime I play a game that I crash to the desktop or it reboots my computer. It happens after about an hour on bf1942, and I just bought Madden 2004, and I cant even play it for 2 minutes before it crashes every time. Here is my specs. Thanks if anyone can help.

Attached Files:

2. RSM123

RSM123

I can't offer anything definitive - but have you downloaded any patches to the game ?

Also its worth checking Fansites related to BF1942 as there are so many different PC Systems now that some people are bound to get Blue Screens or CTD. Read what problems others have encountered and if need be post your specs to get more help.

Sorry I cannot suggest more at this stage but hopefully others who have this game can put you right.

3. chewyfurball

I attached the dxdiag for the specs, which I think has my specs as for the patches I am updated on all. Even my system is updated, I dont get a blue screen, it just kicks me to the desktop or it shuts down and reboots comp.

4. McTimson

McTimson

It sounds like it may be an overheating problem, or a faulty or poor power supply. Open up your case, clear out all the dust, and make sure all the fans are working correctly. Then try running the games with the case open, and maybe even point a fan towards it to help cool it.

What is your power supply rated at?

5. Karthik.K

Karthik.K

Well,your problem is most probably due to a RAM overload.In systems like Windows 2000 or Windows XP,certain games require a minimum RAM of 128 MB [ some require a minimum of even
    256 MB]. Upgrade your RAM and mail me the result.
    Karthik.K

6. McTimson

McTimson

He already has 1024MB of RAM, so I don't think that's the problem....

7. chewyfurball

Ya my ram is at 1024 so I know thats not the problem, I had thought it might be my power supply. I used to have a true power 480, lost the box so I cant return it,and I blew that one long story on that issue. But I have a 330 True Power power supply. If that is it I will try and get a new one. I have opened the case and cleared dust, usually once a month I blow dust out.
    Thanks all for your reply's

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169290

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice