1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

crashed wont start nothing

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by biankabooth, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. biankabooth

biankabooth Thread Starter

ok so i wanted to print an .ofx document my computer couldnt read it - offered web site suggestion which meant i downloaded regcure then after scanning found i had to pay (with no income) so canceled that. decided to download microsoft security essentials - once that finished downloading i got blue screen so quick that i wa unable to read what it said before my computer closed down - no noise.

What buttons can i press to reboot even in safe mode - have tried ctl alt f5, f12 f10 etc in what order should i press the buttons - my computer was running fine never had problems its a 2010 toshiba 64bit

i have had to travel 30 miles to a friends house to use his vomputer to talk to you guys - any chance of a reply while i am online - cheers i cannot download anything onto my friends computeras that will not help me unless - is it possible that if i download it on a usb it will boot up my computer - i can't see how if my computer wont start - it just shows one orange light.

2. kanaitpro

kanaitpro Account Closed

try f8 or escape. you can also put the security essentials onto a bootable flash drive and run it when you boot up possibly.

3. valis

valis Moderator

heyya kanaitpro, and welcome to TSG. :)

I've edited your post wrt to TDSS; we require that malware associates are trained in the removal of malware. If you are interested, I can point you in the direction necessary to get started down that path.

thanks

v

4. biankabooth

biankabooth Thread Starter

Have tried f8 whilst holding down the start button - when i say nothing happens i mean nothing happens except the orange power light flashes about 5 times. I would love to put it in safe mode if someone could kindly tell me how to do it when it wont turn on - is there anything i can do to get the computer to turn on - i have removed the battery for half an hour and still the computer will not come on .

5. kanaitpro

kanaitpro Account Closed

if you're getting an orange light, the power supply should be good. if you can find the cmos battery, you can try removing that. not sure how hard it would be on a toshiba. what i would do is find a desktop and hook up the hard drive from the toshiba there. then you can at least clean the drive if it has anything and at least give you a chance to retrieve your data.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089315

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice