1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Crashes, keyboard, sound--many problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Northern Witch, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Northern Witch

Northern Witch Thread Starter

1. Whenever I play a game on my machine (such as Zuma, Rocket Mania), I get "system has encountered a problem" errors or blue screen crashes. There is no consistency in the errors that I or my husband can see.

I have:
    1. downloaded and reinstalled Audio and Video drivers (many times), including reverting backwards
    2. run disc clean, System Mechanics clutter clean, spybot, internet clean--if I do these and then boot, the games will run (sometimes).
    3. deleted and physically relocated the page file (which is set to max--4096)
    4. done full virus scan, registry clean, adscan---my machine is so clean it squeeks

2. Keyboard is freezing when I'm typing (either online or off--doesn't matter which program either). The display stops and I can keep typing. After maybe 10 seconds, the screen catches up. I have deleted and reinstalled my keyboard.

3. I have lost my system sound but have sound on all games (except one).

Machine sometimes slows down gradually before it crashes (checked and nothing is running and clogging the system). I have also defragged all discs recently.

I have been beating my head against this wall for several months; any help would be appreciated. Is there any way I can do an XP repair that really repairs and doesn't kill all programs on my system drive? Yes, I've tried that in the past and had lots of problems later with installed programs.

System:

Sony VAIO PCV-RX 752
    2 Ghz processor Pentium 4
    1.5 Gb memory
    Disc drives: 80 Gb internal, 60 Gb internal, 160 Gb external, 300 Gb external
    SIS Audio & video on motherboard

XP Pro SP2

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Well you have been busy.....

Try this for your sound Restore Sound - Windows Audio Service

Restart the PC and see

3. Northern Witch

It didn't help. Thanks for trying though. Next idea? :D

MW

4. bonk

bonk Banned

Maybe something will show up in Hijack log

Download Hijack This to your desktop
    • Right click & Extract Files
    • Open the file and click on the Hijack.exe
    • It will open and use the default path
    • Check do you wish an Icon
    • Click on Icon and choose "scan system and save a logfile" usually in notepad
    • Copy and Paste the logfile in your next post
    • Using Ctrl+A to copy All and Ctrl+C to copy and Ctrl+V to paste.

5. Northern Witch

Sorry I was slow getting online today. RL you know.

MW

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!