1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

crashes while playing games

Discussion in 'Games' started by joshb76, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshb76

joshb76 Thread Starter

recently my computer has started restarting while playing games and i have no idea why. my graphics card says it hits 100 degrees Celsius and then my computer screen says going to sleep and i have to restart my computer itself. its worth noting that this has never happened before and ive had my computer for about a year now.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    We have no information about your computer, so do the following:

Download and save the TSG System Information Utility (SysInfo.exe) to the desktop.

After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.

Information about your computer will appear.

Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

---------------------------------------------------------

3. PcPhoenix

PcPhoenix

100C is actually very hot, and is probably the reason why your computer is overheating.

If this is a desktop computer, open the case and clean it out carefully. If this is a laptop, get a can of compressed air and blow into the vents on both the bottom and the side of the laptop where the air goes in and out. Your goal is to force dust out.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141704

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice