1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Crashes with new system

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by unzzi, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unzzi

unzzi Thread Starter

I just put together a new system and it is having stability problems. Some latest games have graphical artifacts, some games freeze for 10-20 seconds and soon after that system reboots promptly showing a blue screen of death. Sometimes right before blue screen display turns all black like there is no signal sent to monitor. It is not only games but that's where most of the problems occur. I have two identical systems and they have both been having the same problem since day one.

I have been reading about other people having issues like this and I'm suspecting it might be my PSU (came with case) that is giving me problems. Crashes seem to happen whenever system is put under alot of load. How can I test/find out if this is the case? I don't have extra PSU to test with. Temperatures seem low as far as I can tell (CPU < 50C seen from BIOS and GPU max 60C in 3D games). If I don't do much with the system it can stay stable for several days but playing games it can take anywhere from 30min to few hours to crash the system or graphical artifacts to appear. Any help much appreciated. :confused:

System specs:

Motherboard: ASRock ALiveSATA2-GLAN
    CPU: AMD Athlon 64 4200+
    GPU: Leadtek WinFast PX8600GT TDH
    RAM: 1GB DDR2 667
    HD: 250GB Seagate S-ATA HD
    PSU: Macron mpt-400p 400w

2. replay

replay

change out that psu as soon as u can....antec,thermaltake 500w +

3. unzzi

unzzi Thread Starter

Ordered Antec NeoHE 550W. Will see if it makes things any better and I'll come back for some more advice in case it doesn't solve my problems.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595131

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice