1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Crashes

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by floppygoat, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. floppygoat

floppygoat Thread Starter

My laptop has crashed several times and I do not know why. An error repot does appear, but no solution is offered. Any help would be much appreciated.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: d1
    BCP1: 94FF4D40
    BCP2: 00000002
    BCP3: 00000008
    BCP4: 94FF4D40
    OS Version: 6_0_6001
    Service Pack: 1_0
    Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini092508-01.dmp
    C:\Users\Tony Williams\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-2065016-0.sysdata.xml
    C:\Users\Tony Williams\AppData\Local\Temp\WER2107.tmp.version.txt

Attached Files:

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

Zip 4-5 of those as a ZIP or RAR file and post it here as an attachment. We can run a debug analyzer that will help determine what caused the crashes.

3. floppygoat

How do I send you the zip folder. I have created one but cannot add it to this web page?:confused:

4. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

Click the Go Advanced button below where you post. When the screen refreshes click Manage Attachments. In the window that opens click browse to find the ZIP file you created, then click Upload. When the file is uploaded, close the window.

Then return to the window where you post messages and click Submit Reply (note: you have to include a short message so the site doesn't give a message too short error).

5. floppygoat

Ok, I have attatched the zip file. I was not able to break it donw any further since I saved the error report to a word document. I hope this is ok.

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

7. floppygoat

Yes, but I restored all of them. And I did not remove any which were attatched or running with any programs.

8. floppygoat

At least, they did not say they were..?

9. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

There isn't a way to determine all the files a particular application needs. Even if you restored them, the damage could have been done.

In any case, I can't diagnose a specific problem from the information provided. The more likely problem is that multiple applications and possibly the operating system itself is unstable due to the random file deletions.

10. floppygoat

No, the file deletion came afterwards. I believe I figured out the problem. It was a gap in the vista system which I researched online. It described the problem perfectly (it was not actually a blue screen as labeled, but a black screen and shut down). Apparently there will be a patched available soon, if not immediately. The problem has not occured again. Also, I am aware of particular files which are necessary for system use yet unaccessable. I knew if I deleted these even a restore would be of no use. It was the other files which I was not sure of that I tampered with. Hopefully no harm was done. If harm was done, what would be the symtoms? As of now, my system seems to be running very well. Thanks for all the help and expert advice.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!