Crashing and BSOD After Changing Case

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Papayarage

Hello everyone! As stated in the title I recently switched computer case (from nzxt h440 - corsair 460x rgb) and ever since I have had some serious issues with games crashing and BSOD. Let's start with the crashing.

Crashing:
There is no particular game that casuses the crash and neither my gpu nor cpu are under particullarly high load nor high temperature when it crashes. The crash usually looks like this:
I'm playing a game when all of a sudden the game freezes for just about a second and then closes. It does not display a message like "___ has stopped working" or anything like that. Fortnite does however display the "UE4 bug crash" message when it crashes. I have not managed to find a particual application that crashes all the time which makes testing soloutions a pain. I even tried stress testing all my components separately and my computer didnt crash.
The crashing happens at very radnom intervals, sometimes i can play fortnite for over an hour without any crashes and sometimes it crashes every 30 seconds.

Bluescreen:
I have also after switching cases seen a dramatic increase in the amount if BSOD i recieve. It happens almost once a day, sometimes it has happened as many or 4-5 times in a period of a few hours. I have not been able too se any abnormal behaviour such as high load or high temperature when this happens either. Now on to the interesting part, the "bugged" BSOD. I use the word bugged because I don't know how to describe it. Instead of the normal sad smiley and text message the screen gets all choppy and glitchy. It's still blue and white but it seems as though the picture that display when you bluescreen has been distorted. It's hard to explain so i made an image in photoshop that looks like what the bluescreen, It's not 100% accurate but it gives a pretty good idea of what i mean. I have no idea if this is just a visual bug or a clue to what the problem might be. Note: In the picture you see a bit of the taskbar, this was intentional because i always see that same part of my taskbar when i blue screen.

Some things I want to clear up:
I put the computer together by myself with the help of internet of course) and it is my first ever build. It is very plausible that something went wrong during the building however i have no idea what.

I Never had this problem before I switched case.

I have seen no problems with preformance or anything else after changing and this is the (so far only problem) I have had after switching case.

It does not happen more often when playing more demanding games.

What possible solutions have i tried?

So far i have tried:
Making sure all cables and all components are properly mounted and secured.
Resetting my bios by both removing the battery and using a jumper.
Taking the computer apart and putting it together again.
Used multiple virusscans such as Malwarebytes to make sure no harmful files are causing this.
Run the command in "cmd" that makes sure no windows files are corrupt.
Tried stress testing all components (separately and together in hopes of isolating the problem.) without any result.
Monitoring my gpu and cpu load and temperature to see if that it is causing the problem.

None of these things have had any effect what so ever.

My specs:
GPU: Geforce gtx 970 4gb
CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor 4.00 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengance 2x4gb
Motherboard: Gigabyte 970a-ud3p
HDD: Hitachi Hd 465 gb
SSD: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250gb
PSU: Not sure exact namebut 750 watt.

Picture:
https://gyazo.com/f51f3ea3cbcdacbe85b9a73b2329fef6

Does it crash or BSOD when you are not playing games?

As a side note, random problems all over are mostly attributed to bad RAM.

Papayarage

Does it crash or BSOD when you are not playing games?

As a side note, random problems all over are mostly attributed to bad RAM.
Yes, The BSOD does not seem to be linked with playing games. I'm not sure if its connected but google chrome gets the "oops please reload" message alot as well. Side note, I also tried reinstalling windows today with no results.

go download memtest and burn the cd. Boor and let it run overnight to see if it finds anything. memory test takes time.

Papayarage

go download memtest and burn the cd. Boor and let it run overnight to see if it finds anything. memory test takes time.
After many hours of testing I have figured out the problem and it was indeed my RAM. I brought over my friends ram and tested with it and received neither any crashes nor any BSOD. I have now bought new RAM and hope it will put an end to my problem once and for all! Thanks for the help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online