1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Crashing Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jmilot, Sep 2, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. jmilot

jmilot Thread Starter

So I'm a bit perplexed, so I'll be more detailed here. After a year and a month or two (just after the warranty expired), my laptop started crashing whenever I did anything demanding on it, from playing even simple games to running the extended BIOS diagnostics, and even once just watching a show. These are the tests I've done:
    -BIOS diagnostics = fine
    -Intel SSD test = fine
    -Dell's diagnostics = passed
    -McAfee's full virus and malware scan = no problems
    -Core temperature test = under light use temperatures are between 40 and 50 degrees C, under mid-level usage I read temperatures before crashing between 50 and 60

The only "solution" I've found that partially works is lowering the maximum processor state from 100% to 70%, which allows the crashing to be delayed some (which is why I thought it might be a heat issue).

After it crashes, it is warm to the touch under the laptop, but not hot, and I've easily ran it hotter while playing modern heavy graphic games.

As the laptop still works for basic office uses which I primarily use it for I don't want to buy a new one, but I would like to get it working again back to its reliable level from before. Any idea why its having problem and what I could do to fix it?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8058 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, -1 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 223 GB (36 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0MK77P
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

When if any at all have you blown out the the ports on the laptop?

3. jmilot

jmilot Thread Starter

Sorry, I'm not much of an expert so I don't know if I have blown any of the ports. How would I be able to tell?

4. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

LOL! Well that tells me you haven't and you need to ASAP!

5. jmilot

jmilot Thread Starter

Haha, oh, you mean like that. I did remove the back and blew out the fans, but I didn't try hitting other exterior ports too. I did that about three weeks ago and didn't see any noticeable difference. I'll try hitting the rest of the body and let you know how it goes.

6. jmilot

jmilot Thread Starter

So I went ahead and sprayed it out. It seemed to help a bit, but it still end up crashing after not too long. Thoughts?

7. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

I had a few family and friends buy Dell's and for some reason or another they just seem to fail faster then any other brand. That being said, it may be slowly dieing and time for a different brand.

Other than that....I would do a factory reset. But make sure you back up everything you want to keep to a USB drive. I would use MS Built in AV and not use any 3rd party AV. Then run that for a few weeks and see how it performs.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  8. jmilot

jmilot Thread Starter

thanks for the advice

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1232412

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice