1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Crashing mid game constantly

Discussion in 'Games' started by Pocketrob, Dec 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Pocketrob

Pocketrob Thread Starter

Hey guys im a bit of a newbie with this so if you do reply could you please dumb your answers down for me as im not sureon alot of the lingo. My pc is brand ne i brought a few weeks ago, had it built . Only have pubg installed on it with discord and it constanly crashes mid game. I have verified the files and all that . These are my specs hope someone can help cheers.

Core I7 8700k , GTX1070, cooler master liquid ml 120, 2 x 8gig ram, kingston ssd 240, windows 10, 2tb hard drive, msi z370 gaming pro carbon motherboard.

Thanks in advance guys/girls . Hope you all have a good xmas

2. Sponsor

3. HyperHenry

HyperHenry

First Name:
    Henry
    My first guess is that it's a heat related issue. Please download and run Speccy. https://www.piriform.com/speccy/download/standard. When it's finish (just takes a few seconds) click File/Publish Snapshot/Copy the URL it provides and post it in your next message. Good luck and welcome.

4. Pocketrob

Pocketrob Thread Starter

The graphics card is at 45c storage is 36c and cpu is 35 mate . Is this ok? Thanks again and mother board is at 41c

5. Pocketrob

Pocketrob Thread Starter

Just started up the game and the temps changes to the following. The i7 went to 56-60c. The motherboard went to 48c. Graphics card went to 80c and storage went to 38&39c

6. HyperHenry

HyperHenry

First Name:
    Henry
    80 is too hot. Please post the URL to the report so I can see the voltages etc. Thanks ;)

7. Pocketrob

Pocketrob Thread Starter

8. HyperHenry

HyperHenry

First Name:
    Henry
    Looking at Speccy Report right now. Can you tell me what you have for a power supply unit? I need name, model, and watts. Thanks.

9. Pocketrob

Pocketrob Thread Starter

Sorry mate how do i find that out

10. HyperHenry

HyperHenry

First Name:
    Henry
    If you can open up the case it should be printed on it.

11. Pocketrob

Pocketrob Thread Starter

700wt "antec vp" strictly psu,

12. Pocketrob

Pocketrob Thread Starter

Duel 12v rails

13. HyperHenry

HyperHenry

First Name:
    Henry
    I believe your problem is one of 2 things, You need to reapply thermal paste and reseat your CPU or you have a bad PSU. I'd rather have you reapply the thermal paste first but I really can't guide you through it so what I'd like you to do is to make another post in the Hardware Forum, https://forums.techguy.org/forums/hardware.19/ and link to this post so they know what we've discussed. Someone can surely help you.

14. HyperHenry

HyperHenry

First Name:
    Henry
    Can you tell if the CPU fan is running?

15. Pocketrob

Pocketrob Thread Starter

Yeah i can feel the air commibg out. I really apreaciate ypur help mate thabkyou. Its all still under warranty. Shoyld i take it back and get them to look at it?

Thanks in advance

16. HyperHenry

HyperHenry

First Name:
    Henry
    If you bought it locally by all means. Let them sweat it out.

17. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1201502

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice