1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Crashing

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by cmany, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmany

cmany Thread Starter

Hey

I am quite sure what I am about to post has probably been addressed quite a few times...but my time is short as this machine keeps randomly dumping on me...so this is best way I can access input...

I have an Emachine...price was right...its an ET-1810-01 - it crashed completely a few months back...was very hard to get up and running in the first place...when I first got it...anyway...

Kept getting a variety of errors...

Finally about 2 months ago my dad and I got it back up and running...he said that it is lacking memory...the sticker says 2 gig memory well 2 gig DDR2 memory...but my dad says it only sees 1 gig...

So if that is the case - that is probably my problem...this time I didn't go crazy loading all my software or files for that matter...and here we go again...

Out of nowhere - its dumping.. blue screen memory dumps...I have all this little error icons on my desktop...logs of course...can't do a darn thing with them...

I am more of a software person...and with that...applications not so much hard ware and OS - at least not since XP - lost my job years ago and never went back into IT and didn't care to keep up with the times...yea foolish...

Anyway...here is the stuff I was able to retrieve from the Windows stopped unexpectedly dialogue...

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 1000008e
    BCP1: C0000005
    BCP2: 81CB37CA
    BCP3: 95EB37C0
    BCP4: 00000000
    OS Version: 6_0_6002
    Service Pack: 2_0
    Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini110211-03.dmp
    C:\Users\Christine\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-60169-0.sysdata.xml
    C:\Users\Christine\AppData\Local\Temp\WERAC16.tmp.version.txt

I am going to find those files and see if I can read them...or find them...but I figured I would throw this out there...

Thanks in advance

Christine

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

If you can, zip up and attach the dumps in your C:\Windows\minidump folder and we can analyze them for you.

The STOP 8E error, KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED,
    is generally a hardware or driver error, but can also be due to outdated BIOS, probably not the problem unless the machine is old.

3. cmany

cmany Thread Starter

Sure thing! Yea I could not find those files that stuff referred me to...

Think I did it...

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025219

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice