1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Crash's Every Couple Minutes?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by pharaun975, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pharaun975

pharaun975 Thread Starter

The title says it all. I've defragged, I've done a Disk Cleanup. My spyware program (Ad-Aware SE) ruins my computer each time I use it. (I beleive it somehow wrecks the 'explorer.exe' protocol, because after the first boot up after the scan, exporer.exe does not work). I've tried looking for a good Freeware Registry Cleaner, to see if that may be causing any problems, but I can only find ones that will clean say....20, and then shut down till you buy the whole version. I use ZoneAlarm for a firewall. What will stop these infuriating crashes?! I think it might be a virus, but I don't see any other strange activities besides the crashes. Oh, also, my computer will try physical memory dumps whenever theres a particulary bad flurry of crashes (by flurry I mean I barely get to the Windows loading screen, let alone the password screen).

There are also two types of crashes.
    One: The entire screen just goes blank
    Two: The screen will again go blank, then my computer will magically restart itself.
    Three: A simple freeze of the screen. Any image that is up on the screen stay there untill I hold the power button down.

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Welcome to TSG....

Let's try to find out if this is an overheating problem please download and run this and post the findings back here.

SpeedFan is a freeware program that monitors voltages, fan speeds and temperatures
    http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

3. pharaun975

I'm on it. And thanks = ).

4. pharaun975

Ok. HD0: 33C is the only reading I can discern.

5. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

How about temp1 and temp2?

Can you give soem system spec's on your computer?

6. pharaun975

I'm not seeing and temp1 and temp2 readings anywhere I can see....*looks more intently*...Nope. And how would I go about getting those Sys specs? I remember getting them before but my memory isn't what it was used to be.

EDIT: I now beleive that there may possibly be no sensors to pick up those readings, if that's possible. I have completely (to my knowlage) explored the SpeenFan program and the only readings I get are the HD0 readings...Which have alarmingly gone up to 37C, an increase of four.

7. pharaun975

Any help? Compter still is crashing. HD0 reading is at 30C

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542200

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice