Crazy freezing and program management

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mikedavis76

I just had this problem, and it sort of went away, but I'm afraid it might return and want to understand more.

I have a Dell Latitude P4, 2Ghz, 512MB RAM WIN XP...

I have a cable modem at home and T1 at work. Everything was running fine until this weekend my Internet Explorer kept locking up, but I could still use AIM and Outlook (my friend downloaded and installed Flash, but I hope that didn't make the difference). By today, it was locking up on Outlook, IE, AIM, and every windows task I tried (even when I tried to click on the "my computer" or control panel icons). The task manager would take forever, etc... but I could still use programs like Office and Palm. I got sick of playing around and went into the task manager processes section and closed everything that didn't say system (except explore.exe) and all of a sudden, after days of frustration, everything worked fine and appears to be back to normal. Now the same programs appear to be back inthe processes and everything is running fine.

HAs anyone encountered this problem? Also, are any of the following programs completely critical that are running:

Apnt.exe, mediaman.exe, tppaldr.exe, Directcd.exe, Dsentry.exe, DadApp.exe, Apoint.exe, pctspk.exe, rundll32.exe

I understand that Dadapp is a dell program and probably wasn't causing any problems....any suggestions to prevent this in the future? Thanks, mike

u if u run msconfig u can get rid off some apps that u do not need, do a virus check also

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online