1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Crazy Keyboard Cursor

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Somoz3, Mar 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Somoz3

Somoz3 Thread Starter

Hello Everyone:

I have problem with my keyboard and cursor. Cursor jumps sporadically all over the page. Ultimately, it is difficult to write. I have to retype or edit nearly every other word as I cannot control the cursor jumps all over the place and cause to misspelled words, instead of going one straight line from left to right.
    How can I fix this problem? Help me please?
    Computer: Acer/Aspire E14
    Intel Celeron Quare processor N2940 @1.83GH 1.83 GHz
    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor/ Windows 8

Million thanks!

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I think that's a laptop. If you are using the laptop's keyboard try with the touchpad disabled and/or try typing with an external keyboard.

If you are using an external mouse disconnect it while typing to see if maybe it is sending spurious signals.

3. Somoz3

Somoz3 Thread Starter

Thank you so much TerryNet.
    I will try this, and see what happens. Both my new computers are acting the same issues - it is both frustrating stressful to write.
    Good day!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!