1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Crazy mouse cursor... Please help!!!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Gabalot, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gabalot

Gabalot Thread Starter

A few days ago I uploaded some video clips off my camera onto my son's laptop, soon after the mouse cursor started going crazy, darting around the screen with a mind of it's own. (The mouse itself is a little button in the middle of the keyboard)
    I plugged in another mouse using usb port, this pretty much does the same although after a while messing around with it it'll work for a while but frequently goes crazy and darts about.

I'm hopeless with all this technical stuff but since there wasn't a problem until I uploaded the video clips and also that the usb mouse does the same I'm guessing there's some kind of virus.
    I have Spyware Terminator running but didn't realise until this happened that it was 'unsupported' and needed updating to a newer version, I've since done this and ran a full scan it isn't finding anything.
    I've searched the problem and most of the results come back saying there is some kind of virus, I then download the recommended tool to find and remove it but nothing comes up. :confused:

Whilst I've been trying to 'fix' this problem I've noticed that all my system restore points have gone, leaving just one from the either the day the problem occurred or the day before, I've tried this but still the mouse dances about the screen.

Please someone help me fix this, it's driving me crazy, not to mention the fact that this is my son's laptop.. He's not impressed! lol :eek:

I'm running Windows XP and all that I can see on this laptop is the name COMPAQ and Evo N400c

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions
    Clare x

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/905502

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice