1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Crazy Network Issue

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mcookaz, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcookaz

mcookaz Thread Starter

I have this user that has been around for many years. Now all of a sudden he can't log into any of the servers. He can log on to the domain, but when he tried to go to a file server to retrieve files, it says he does not have permission. I have not changed anything. if he goes to a different computer, it works fine. If I log onto his computer it works fine. When he logs into his computer the email works fine. He can access the internet. He just can't access any shared files.

I have renamed him in active directory. I have removed him from AD and added him back. I have done everything except rebooting the Domain server and still he can't open shared files. Very Frustrating. Any help would be apprecitated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974511

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice