1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

crazy worm/virus

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by oscard, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oscard

oscard Thread Starter

I was using Google chrome when I noticed my system start to get sluggish. I went to task manager and saw the process chrome.exe *32 running in multiple instances however my avast wasn't picking anything up and neither did anti-malaware bytes. Anti super-spyware kept picking up adware cookies though. I wiped my computer completely clean and did an out of factory box state install twice. When given the option to log in as administrator in order to access the utilities both times there was another user profile name there as well as mine. I am the only one who use my computer. My idle on my computer is at 99 cpu. Now when i go on my computer the process setup.exe *32 appears randomly in task manager and then disappears. svchosts uses a lot of memory as well and runs 10 or so instances at once. Also when i conducted the hijack log it informed me that did not have read or write access to the hosts files. Please help me.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD E-350 Processor, AMD64 Family 20 Model 1 Stepping 0
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 5866 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 289783 MB, Free - 261678 MB;
    Motherboard: Acer, Aspire 5250
    Antivirus: None

Attached Files:

2. oscard

oscard Thread Starter

I am also locked out of files and get denied access and need adminstrator approval to delete. i have attached a combo fix log as well

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088198

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice