1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

crc error

Discussion in 'Games' started by 27mohit, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 27mohit

27mohit Thread Starter

while installing some games from cd-rom i get a error "CYCLIC RERUNDANCY CHECK ERROR" and the installation is aborted . how ca i overcome this?
    please help.

2. JayTheHun

JayTheHun

Those are almost always problems with reading the disc, whether it be the discs themselves or the drive trying to read them.

3. rockinmale

rockinmale

This error occurs by either some bad scratches on the CD that the laser cannot read through, dirt, corrupted data (from the original file), and CD deterioration.

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    actually I believe that is the same error that occurs when your hard drive is becoming faulty. I had the same error. Short term fix is to run the scan utility. Since I don't know what operating system you are running, I can tell you that if you go to My Computer and then right click on C: drive (or whichever drive you were trying to install on) then properties. Under Tools (from memory since I am at school right now) press Check Now for Errors. Clcik all options and then it should tell you that it will do the scan on the next restart. You can restart the machine and then let it do its stuff. If the scan finds any errors it will fix it but this actually means a part of your drive is corrupted and may not be able to be used anymore.

Luckily I figured that error out and saved my work before the drive died on me...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173023

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice