CRC Failures

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CodeXXX

Please I am cross posting to as many forum I can find as this error wont go away, Thank you for any help you can provide me :cool:

If i ever download over 200MB exe,rar,zip

This includes

Broken up files in my download manager
Kazaa
MIRC

after taking 8hours I downloaded the chromedemo20030810_en.exe from some Spanish site at an average of 50kb with multiple sources in my download manager. And of course I got a CRC error. I put this down to the file being corrupted from being broken up in the manager so I used windows to download it again from ausgamers.com, I downloaded it in under 30mins at the full speed off 166kb without one break in the download only to find ANOTHER CRC ERROR!!!

My RWIN is in this screenshot, but since i have installed a new OS this isnt really relevent. http://www.users.on.net/n00b/files/rwin.JPG

This system is clean I just installed windows.
No Overclocking
The system is 30C
There are no firewalls
I AM LOST.

files.ausgamers.com:81/h...mo20030810it.exe

And guess what every time I download the file this being the third time it CRC failed in different spots! Each extraction of the same file will cause the same error however. But this time the same file on different systems caused a different error, either I have more than one problem, or I have lost my mind.

Notes on things it is not…

Hardware transmission loss - maybe
Firewalls
OS installs
Overheating

Things it might be…

Ram gone bad
Network Transmission
Honestly I cannot think!
The file I am downloading is stuffed, but this would not cause the file to give me different errors.
www.users.on.net/n00b/files/AGAIN.JPG

Sorry if it doesnt make since I copied some of my posts from other forums. Thankyou.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online