1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CRC Failures

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by CodeXXX, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CodeXXX

CodeXXX Thread Starter

Please I am cross posting to as many forum I can find as this error wont go away, Thank you for any help you can provide me :cool:

If i ever download over 200MB exe,rar,zip

This includes

Broken up files in my download manager
    Kazaa
    MIRC

after taking 8hours I downloaded the chromedemo20030810_en.exe from some Spanish site at an average of 50kb with multiple sources in my download manager. And of course I got a CRC error. I put this down to the file being corrupted from being broken up in the manager so I used windows to download it again from ausgamers.com, I downloaded it in under 30mins at the full speed off 166kb without one break in the download only to find ANOTHER CRC ERROR!!!

My RWIN is in this screenshot, but since i have installed a new OS this isnt really relevent. http://www.users.on.net/n00b/files/rwin.JPG

This system is clean I just installed windows.
    No Overclocking
    The system is 30C
    There are no firewalls
    I AM LOST.

files.ausgamers.com:81/h...mo20030810it.exe

And guess what every time I download the file this being the third time it CRC failed in different spots! Each extraction of the same file will cause the same error however. But this time the same file on different systems caused a different error, either I have more than one problem, or I have lost my mind.

Notes on things it is not…

Hardware transmission loss - maybe
    Firewalls
    OS installs
    Overheating

Things it might be…

Ram gone bad
    Network Transmission
    Honestly I cannot think!
    The file I am downloading is stuffed, but this would not cause the file to give me different errors.
    www.users.on.net/n00b/files/AGAIN.JPG

Sorry if it doesnt make since I copied some of my posts from other forums. Thankyou.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170430

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice