1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Create a dictionary type header

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by gimley, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gimley

gimley Thread Starter

Hello,
    My problem is specific. I have compiled a dictionary in Word with the headword followed by its transliteration and finally the gloss. I have formatted the dictionary in 2 columns and I want to use the first and last headword alone in the dictionary as the dictionary headers (as is normal in a dictionary). I remember doing this with great ease in Word 2003 when I had formatted an earlier dictionary.
    Using styleref in Word 2010 reproduces the full entry rather than the headword.
    I am now using word 2010 at home and cannot get it to show only the headword. I remember vaguely typing something in the style ref but my memory escapes me and unluckily the earlier word mss is lost, or I could have detected the style ref.
    I am sure there are lots of people who would appreciate information on how to do this. Help from you would be greatly appreciated.
    I am attaching a sample dictionary. What I want is that the dictionary header should be the first head word in Column 1

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!