1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Create A List Of Contents

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bats, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bats

bats Thread Starter

I recently created a data c.d. with over 100 files on it .Would anyone know how I could create a List of Contents? I have tried copy function in "detail view" and this works, but I can't paste contents into Excel, "new letter", Microsoft Word , Notepad, Word pad. I was successful in doing a print screen ,this would require several prints.
    The CD is a 700MB CD-RW and I used Adaptec software , the "add contents" to cover did not work. (I doubt you could read 100+ lines) . Ideally 1 full sheet of paper that I could fold and place inside, would be o.k .

OS windows 200 pro

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i'm sure this can be done with a simple DOS command- I had a tip on how to pull out a CD ser Number and list of contents - cant find right now 0 if i find it i'll post back

3. Deathblow

Deathblow

You could always use the DIR command from the Command prompt. DIR > File.TXT will create a text file containing the contents of a directory/directories.
    Type Dir /? at command prompt for more options.

4. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

5. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    dir /s >filename.txt

this will list all the files in dir and subdirectories and output to filename.txt

6. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

7. bats

bats Thread Starter

Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply. I tried the program MFDnSC suggested and it worked perfectly.

8. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    nice program MFDnSC - thanks

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273564

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice