Create A List Of Contents

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bats

I recently created a data c.d. with over 100 files on it .Would anyone know how I could create a List of Contents? I have tried copy function in "detail view" and this works, but I can't paste contents into Excel, "new letter", Microsoft Word , Notepad, Word pad. I was successful in doing a print screen ,this would require several prints.
The CD is a 700MB CD-RW and I used Adaptec software , the "add contents" to cover did not work. (I doubt you could read 100+ lines) . Ideally 1 full sheet of paper that I could fold and place inside, would be o.k .

OS windows 200 pro

etaf

Wayne
i'm sure this can be done with a simple DOS command- I had a tip on how to pull out a CD ser Number and list of contents - cant find right now 0 if i find it i'll post back

You could always use the DIR command from the Command prompt. DIR > File.TXT will create a text file containing the contents of a directory/directories.
Type Dir /? at command prompt for more options.

etaf

Wayne
dir /s >filename.txt

this will list all the files in dir and subdirectories and output to filename.txt

bats

Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply. I tried the program MFDnSC suggested and it worked perfectly.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online