Solved Create a simple line chart

Harry32

It's been so long since I created a chart in Excel-10, I've forgotten how. I need help.

My workbook data consist of month-end dollar values from 12/31/2007 to present, tracked monthly. I want the chart to be integral with the workbook but on a new separate sheet that's oriented longitudinally.

The vertical axis needs a range from $200,000 to $2,000,000 in increments of $200,000 with labeled horizontal gridlines every $200,000. The horizontal axis needs a range from 12/31/07 to 12/31/20 in increments of 1 month with labeled vertical gridlines every 12 months.

I'd be very grateful if someone could walk me through the steps to create such a chart. Thank you.

Harry32

Here's some resources that may help.

Video Tutorial:
Text Tutorial: https://gilsmethod.com/create-line-chart-excel-2010
Here's some resources that may help.

Video Tutorial:
Text Tutorial: https://gilsmethod.com/create-line-chart-excel-2010
Following instructions as I understand them, produces a chart displaying useless percentages in the vertical axis instead of the expected dollar values. The horizontal axis displays as expected, showing dates over which the dollar values have been tracked. The file from which the data are drawn is attached. What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Not sure, but delete the chart, then highlight the values, then click on Insert > Line Graph. You will see the values. You may have an extra cell that was added that caused the issue.

1597705167142.png

Here is a screenshot of the options.

1597705374410.png

When you select the area, then highlight the chart, a preview chart should show. Note, this would be for 2016/365

DakBai

Dak
Not sure, but delete the chart, then highlight the values, then click on Insert > Line Graph. You will see the values. You may have an extra cell that was added that caused the issue.

View attachment 280114

Here is a screenshot of the options.

View attachment 280115

When you select the area, then highlight the chart, a preview chart should show. Note, this would be for 2016/365
Confirmed this works for me. (y)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online