1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Create an email template/form

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by SilentReyn, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilentReyn

SilentReyn Thread Starter

Good morning,
    I've been doing some research and can't seem to find an answer. I want to create an email template/form in Outlook 2003 but I want to have placeholders, or fill-in boxes, when I select this template. I send out a specific email nearly every day, where only a few sections change, and instead of typing the entire thing every day or just modifying a previously sent email, I would like to be able to open this template, fill in the spots, and hit send. Just for example, in the subject line when the template opens, I would like it to say "Good afternoon, [Name], today is [Date]." When [Name] or [Date] is clicked on, it turns into a slot you can fill in. Is there any way to make this happen? Preferrably without going into VBA :p Thanks in advance!
    Reyn

2. gurutech

gurutech

Open a new message, type the contents you want in there, then within the message window, click "Save As" (instead of "Send"), and click the drop-down for file type, and choose the one for "Template", then give it a name and location (such as your desktop), then click "Save".

Now, you just need to go to your desktop and click the template file, make a few changes, then click to send the message.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1096192

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice