1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Create assocation with program???

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by IronMogul, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IronMogul

IronMogul Thread Starter

"This File does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel."

I get these messages when I try to update Winzip and when I try to open profiles on Yahoo Messenger 8. I looked at the Folder Options in Control Panel and I couldn't find anything to associate any files with a "Winzip update" and to browse Yahoo messenger "profiles". I am not sure how to do this. Can anyone help me?

2. ferrija1

ferrija1

-- Open Explorer (the file viewer).

-- Tools > Folders Options.

-- Click the File Types tab.

-- Select the file type you are trying to open.

-- Click "Change..."

3. IronMogul

IronMogul Thread Starter

Yeah I know about that but what if you access this option internally? If I were to open Yahoo, I'd know what program to associate it with if it's a Winzip file, I know to associate it with Winzip. But what about an internal option like trying to view a profile on yahoo in turn opening up mozilla firefox/internet explorer? Same with Winzip, if you were trying to update Winzip and you use the "check for updates" option in the toolbar which is supposed to open up mozilla/IE, but opens in a message alert saying to create an association with a program, how do I do this?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540050

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice