create more disk space using drive space 3

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nahatche

I have windows 98. In my help book it says you can create more disc space by using drivespace 3. It tells about advantages of doing it , but wondered if anyone else has used it, and if so if they had any problems or know more about it. I don't think I am going to do the fat 32. Can anyone give me any info. Thanks

<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">Chum - Win98 comes with a FAT16 to FAT32 converter.</font>

The converter is there, but every system I have seen that came with Win98 pre-installed , is already FAT32...I meant the system...not Win98.

nahatche,
Drive Compression was used when Hard Drives were small and expensive. It is a great way to lose all your information.

I would advise you to go with FAT32. And if your Drive is old and small. If your system will support a larger or even two drives. Do that instead of using Drive Compression.

nahatche

Thanks for the replies. When I right click on my computor it says " not compressed" What does that mean. I have windows95-98. Not sure if mine is compressed.?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online