1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Create Own Website

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by shubham96, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shubham96

shubham96 Banned Thread Starter

How can I Create my OWN Website?I want to create my own website about bikes,games,cars etc

2. Ktsmom02

Ktsmom02

First you will need to purchase web space & a domain name. I use Quality Host Online, it's good prices & great customer service. GoDaddy also has good deals.

Then, you can use a web design program, such as DreamWeaver, FrontPage, etc..., to design a web site. You will need what's called WYSIWYG software - this is WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET. Meaning, how you see it in the design or edit view is how your web page will look. This is the easiest way to design a web page.

Good luck! (y)

3. olddirtret

olddirtret

I guess it depends upon how much web development experience you have..

There are several Content Managment Systems (CMS) that a free and they can make web development easier. Joomla www.joomla.org is one of the major ones that is in use.

As Ktsmom02 says, you will need to purchase web space with a hosting service and have a domain name. I use www.Bluehost.com for my hosting and have had great success with them. They have scripts that can install your CMS for you..

Do some research into the CMS software and I think you'll find what you want..

4. ProHermit

ProHermit

Sometimes your ISP (internet service provider) offer free web space, so check that out first. If not you can use a http://www.beep.com/ which a friend of mine uses, but with these free online web page templates, you usually have to put up with adverts on the page.
    Dreamweaver is the best to make web sites, it will take only a day or two to learn it. You will also need to learn aspects of Photoshop if you intend to have pictures on your site.

5. olddirtret

olddirtret

I don't know ProHermit, with Dreamweaver costing several hundred dollars, I'll try an open source solution before spending the money.

The only bad thing about free web space is that your limited by space and what you can use as a template.. I agree that advertising can be a problem too.

Also I would rather have a dynamic web site that a CMS provides then static HTML page web site..

6. ProHermit

ProHermit

Yes, I do agree that Dreamweaver is rather expensive

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Prohermit, may I advise you against posting such advice again, we do not promote illegal activities at this forum.

8. olddirtret

olddirtret

We might have gotten off track with this thread...

Anyway, shubham96 take a look at open source. It might solve your web development problem.

Also, you can set up a Windows PC to run Apache, PHP & MySql.. I use this method to test my web sites before publishing them on www.bluehost.com

I use XAMPP http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html to set up a server on my Windows PC.. Works well. There are other programs out there to set up a WAMP server but XAMPP does what I need..

shubham96 , I hope all this information is helpful for you..??

9. shubham96

shubham96 Banned Thread Starter

Thanxx everybody for your replies.Iwill try all your options.BTW how much and to whom should i pay?

10. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

11. bob123456789

bob123456789

Isn't it right though that static HTML pages are easier to optomise for search engines?

12. olddirtret

olddirtret

bob123456789 I'm not sure what optimization for search engines you are looking to achieve. I can only speak from my experience using a CMS such as Joomla.

Google Analytics, Google Sitemap and Google Webmaster Tools provide very good tools to monitor your web site.. The results can help you see what site visitors are looking for when they come to your site. Also a site map can be created so that web spiders can find information listed on your site.

IMHO: With a open source CMS you can use the embedded WYSIWYG editor to correct any page on your site.. Much better then creating an HTML file on your PC then having to FTP the new page to your site..

13. bob123456789

bob123456789

I agree these are much easier to use, however if someone is developing a commercial website that they are hoping to promote through search engines what I understand is that static html pages are easier for google to crawl through, thus index your site better and thus get better rankings. Is this correct?

14. olddirtret

olddirtret

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758351

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice