1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Create PDFs for Free

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by shadowcat, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shadowcat

shadowcat Thread Starter

Saw this on Call For Help on TechTV:

Free File: CutePDF Writer

Print PDF documents with ease using today's free download.
    Watch today at 6 p.m. and tomorrow at 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Eastern.
    By Roger Chang

A while ago I installed on my computer Go2PDF, a free PDF creator. All I had to do was install the program and the Go2PDF print driver was ready to go. Want to make a PDF out of a Word document, webpage, or graphic? Simply print using Go2PDF. It works exactly like a printer, except the finished product is a PDF file. It was the best PDF program I'd seen.

Well, that was then and this is now. A kind viewer sent me a link for a much better freeware PDF printer, CutePDF Writer. It works like Go2PDF, except it puts no watermark on your document. It's free to use for as long as you like. The only hitch is that it no longer comes with Ghostscript, the freeware PostScript-to-PDF utility, which it requires. However, CutePDF will automatically download and install Ghostscript if and when you need it during installation. Now when you want to turn any document, graphic, or webpage into a PDF, just print it out using CutePDF Writer. It's my new favorite.

Posted April 22, 2004
    Modified April 19, 2004

I've used it to print out web pages and found it very useful so far. :)

2. Whiteskin

Whiteskin

Openoffice.org also has Excellent PDF integration. Any document you make in OOo can be converted to PDF.

3. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Ditto whiteskin. I use OpenOffice to do this quite a bit, actually.
    I used to use CutePDF and PDF995.

4. Whiteskin

Whiteskin

Twas one of my favorite features. Its too bloated on startup though, on an old computer. Thats why i use AbiWord.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223039

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice