Create system/boot disc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Margie55

Hi,

A week or so back when starting the computer I got a message saying the boot sequence had been altered and then had option to continue or enter set up. My 4 year old grandson plays on wiggles and abc sites. He is aware not to press anything other than the keys I have showed him so I thought hello, he has had a bit of a fiddle so I went into set up and it looked ok to me so i just then went f1 to continue, all went well.

Last night we had 2 power failures and when the computer re booted I got the same message again so this time I went F1 to continue and the message I then got was I had a disc failure and to use the boot disc or system disc to start. I had neither so left it. A few minutes later I rebooted it and all went well.

I have created a ms dos start up disc but would like to know how to create the system disc. I did a google search and that completely lost me. If anyone can help can you please tell me how to do this but step by step as I have limited knowledge about the inner workings of computers.

Thanks in advance
Margie

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online