Create Vista Boot CD from DVD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ComputerLifeline

Hi,

I have a vista DVD, but got an error message "CD: Memory Overflow" while booting from a laptop. I was wondering if there is a way to create the bootable CDs from this DVD.

Thanks in advance!

I'm sure there is. But it would be very difficult and not worth your time. It's even probable that there are some differences in the way the 2 media are set up so that even if you knew the exact contents of the CD's, you may not be able to make them from the DVD.

Buy another drive if you think that may be the problem.

When and where does this message appear? Have you tried starting from Windows?

Is your optical drive a DVD reader also?

The DVD is nothing but an .iso image so if you knew which files to include in a new image it could be done, but certianly not worth the effort.

The Vista CD set is 5 CD's, so even with an iso image, you wouldn't know where to cut it, and there would be no method of sequentially loading with setup asking for the next CD.

I've seen no mention of Vista being available on CD's. How stupid is that?

Not sure how the CD's will be available when released. I got 3 Vista DVD's from various sources and then, surprizingly at first, a set of CD's from a magazine I subscribe to. I specified that my mag come in CD format, so I assume that is why they sent me Vista on CD's.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
jmwills said:
I've seen no mention of Vista being available on CD's. How stupid is that?
It's available on the MSDN site as CD's or DVD.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online