1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Create Vista Boot CD from DVD

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ComputerLifeline, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ComputerLifeline

ComputerLifeline Thread Starter

Hi,

I have a vista DVD, but got an error message "CD: Memory Overflow" while booting from a laptop. I was wondering if there is a way to create the bootable CDs from this DVD.

Thanks in advance!

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

I'm sure there is. But it would be very difficult and not worth your time. It's even probable that there are some differences in the way the 2 media are set up so that even if you knew the exact contents of the CD's, you may not be able to make them from the DVD.

Buy another drive if you think that may be the problem.

When and where does this message appear? Have you tried starting from Windows?

3. jeremy860

jeremy860

my cd would'nt install from bootup either so I just boot into XP and opened it from there.

4. jmwills

jmwills

Is your optical drive a DVD reader also?

The DVD is nothing but an .iso image so if you knew which files to include in a new image it could be done, but certianly not worth the effort.

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

The Vista CD set is 5 CD's, so even with an iso image, you wouldn't know where to cut it, and there would be no method of sequentially loading with setup asking for the next CD.

6. jmwills

jmwills

I've seen no mention of Vista being available on CD's. How stupid is that?

7. gurutech

gurutech

You have to buy the DVD of Vista and then send in for the CD's.

8. Elvandil

Elvandil

Not sure how the CD's will be available when released. I got 3 Vista DVD's from various sources and then, surprizingly at first, a set of CD's from a magazine I subscribe to. I specified that my mag come in CD format, so I assume that is why they sent me Vista on CD's.

9. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

It's available on the MSDN site as CD's or DVD.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539184

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice