1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Creating a batch file to check and see if a

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sono708, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sono708

sono708 Thread Starter

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to batch files but I want to create a batch file to run at startup on Windows 7 so when a user logs in with there username and password into the network to see if the Xerox 7535 network printer is installed and if it isn't to install it.

Now because these are computers that multiple users use frequently if I were to do this manually I would need the user to login to the network with there credentials and then open a window and type in //printer_server_name/ and a window would pop up and again they would have to type in there network credentials (username & password) then select the printer Xerox 7535 printer and right click on it and select connect and it would install the printer drivers if needed.

Now when I login as administrator to the computer I can connect to the printer server but when I try to connect/install to the Xerox 7535 printer it doesn't install and I get Error:"0x0000052e so instead I have to have each user login into the computer and install the printer which works that way.

I'm open to any other ways of doing this and I really appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Bill

2. valis

valis Moderator

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145561

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice