Creating a bootable backup of my XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chef0001

HI everyone.........can anyone help me with creating a bootable backup of my XP? Basically I want to make a copy that I can just stick in at DOS and install because I need to do a serious cleanup / format......thanks

I cant see the point in making a back up of your system as it is now if you say its in need of a serious clean up, surely if you backed it up and then later restored the back up youd be back where you started.

However, I use Acronis True Image to make complete system back up 'images' that I can reload/recover from at anytime.

Or do you not have a XP install CD from which to install from?

I just do a format, install all my programs, configure everything, clean up the registry, etc., and then use Acronis to create a perfect image.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online