Creating a child account in Windows 10

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Farmgirl22

Hi,

Last night I tried to set up a new child account for my son (he used to have a local account in windows 8.1, but lost it when we "upgraded".) I used the tutorial on Geeks to Go, and had no problems setting it up until I hit the verification part. I didn't really want my son to have an email account anyway, and I absolutely DO NOT WANT him to have access to the Microsoft store or anything like that, but I seem to be unable to verify his account without granting him access to this and adding in my credit card info (another thing I'm refusing to do, seeing as I don't even have one attached to my own Microsoft account).

If I use a local account, do I have the ability to restrict his activity like you do with the child account? He only needs access to a select few websites (school related) and I like the idea of a forced time restriction without me having to completely babysit him, but I didn't like that he couldn't play his games (Farming simulator 2015 & 2017) which is the whole reason he was getting his own account anyway.

I've also tried to create an account for a child using my email address, but it tells me that my *.live account is a restricted domain or something and won't let me use it. And I can't sign up with my work address either.

What other options do I have? I want him to be able to visit a couple of websites (Lexia and Cool Math) and play farming simulator/do his eye therapy program/play around with Sketchup for a couple of hours each day if he wants without me signing him in. That's all we need and want.

Try this:
Settings > Accounts > Family & Other Users > Add someone else to this PC > I don't have this person's sign-in information

Hope this helps!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online