1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Creating a color palette

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by JoeLeanza, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JoeLeanza

JoeLeanza Thread Starter

I am developing a program in VB and I need a color palette. I could write one but I see that MS Word has one similiar to what I need initially, I need some additional options.

Is there any site that has the program code for this palette that I could download and then modify for my needs?

Thank you for your help.

2. lola2001

lola2001

3. JoeLeanza

JoeLeanza Thread Starter

Lola2001,

Thank you! I think the second one is quite close to what I am looking for.
    :D ;) (y)

4. lola2001

lola2001

Oh..your welcome. I'm glad.

5. JoeLeanza

JoeLeanza Thread Starter

Lola2001 sent me some palette examples which I have tried to copy. The second one created by Gary Beebe is quite close to my needs. My current problem is that I don't know what control to use for the individual colors.

I have created a palette with text boxes but it does not seem right for two reasons, first when I move the cursor I lose the selection and second the hex code for the colors does not match the documentation in VB. For example VB documentation shows red as hexFF0000 but when I use vbRed the hex is 255 and documentation for blue is hex0000FF but vbBlue is FEFFF8.

Thanks again

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!