1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

creating a custom template in Office 2003

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by mak2204, Jun 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mak2204

mak2204 Thread Starter

HI guys I need to create a template of our letterhead in office

why do we need to do this?
    This is so we can create a PDF invoice or general letter and email it. We are using Flash paper to convert files to PDF

We have 2 letterheaded papers, 1 is the mane letter head and the other is a continuation sheet.

What I want is to create a template in office 2003, when using this temaplet if I write an invoice and go past the first page. Office automatically adds the second page "continuation letter head" and continue to do so for as many pages I add.

So basically the first page should be the Letterhead and every page after should be the continuation sheet.

The letter head and the continuation sheet look very similar except the continuation sheet does not repeat our address phone numbers and so on.

Can you please help.

Please email me at [email protected]

MAK

2. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    I will answer your question for you but not via e-mail. You will be making a document template and using different header for the first page compared to the next. Can you zip up and post what you have so far so I can whip it up and explain to you how to do it for the future?

3. mak2204

mak2204 Thread Starter

Hi at the moment I don't have anything, would you like me to send over the dummy Letterheads in .jpg format to assist you with your example.

Thanks
    MAK

4. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Ok here are the steps to do:

Create a new document within MS Word and hit "CTRL+Enter" on the keyboard to create a page break. Access "View">>"Header and Footer" from the menu bar. Click on the "Page Setup" button on the "Header and Footer" toolbar. Off the top of my head it is about the 5th icon from the right. Check off the check box that states "Different First Page Header/Footer" and then click "OK." Add the header/footer that you want to the first page. This could be any combination of text and images. After setting up the first page header/footer you will want to click on the "Show Next" button on the "Header and Footer" toolbar to go to the next header/footer. Here is where you want to setup your header/footer for the subsequent pages after the first page header/footer that you have previously made.

If you need me to clarify anything then feel free to let me know.

5. mak2204

mak2204 Thread Starter

Hi Thank you for your email. That's fantastic and has kind of solved my problem

My next question is what if I wanted the header we currently had to be used as a Background image?

MAK

6. shergar6837

shergar6837

You can add a Watermark as either text or a picture. to do this, from the menus, choose, Format, Background and then the Printed Watermark option. You can now select either a picture of your choosing or create a text watermark, e.g. Draft. There a number of options you can play about with regarding the intensity of any watermark you choose.

7. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Aye that is correct. Thanks for posting as I was moving to another desk to cover someone for lunch. Do take into consideration that this watermark will be on every page and cannot be turned off for single pages. If you are interested in placing it just on the subsequent pages and not in the first page then you will paste the image will being in the header/footer for the second page.

8. mak2204

mak2204 Thread Starter

Thank you of your email

how can I send you an example...

MAK

9. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Actually now that I have provided you the tools, I would prefer that you give it a whirl on your own and let me know if you miss a step or need assistance.

10. mak2204

mak2204 Thread Starter

thanks, il keep u posted on my progress

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/720839

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice