1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Creating A Driving Offence Database

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by nickelodeon, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nickelodeon

nickelodeon Thread Starter

hey,

I have been assinged the task of creating a database which I am really struggling with and require quite a lot of help please.

This database is not very complicated. It is a databse of driving offences committed by drivers. This database must have tables, queries, forms and reports. A report needs to be created so that a warning message is shown when the driver has only 3 points remainging and another report when the driver has 0.

I have started off by creating 3 tables. 1 with the list of drivers, one with driving offences and one with driving offences and driver as a relationship.

Does anyone have any sample databases or ideas to how I can achieve this database?

thankyou very much in advance :)

2. OBP

OBP Temporarily Banned

nickelodeon, is this some kind of course work?

3. nickelodeon

nickelodeon Thread Starter

kind of its like a practice assessment for my school

4. OBP

OBP Temporarily Banned

Ok, use the query wizard to create a normal select query for each table, use the form wizard to create a form based on each query for each table to allow data entry in to your tables.
    Then create a select query based on the table that holds the driver and how many "points" they have aquired and call it "report1" or "warning report".
    When you get that far come back on here for the next stage.

5. StuartM

StuartM

Like OBP said you need to create the three tables.
    Then run queries for 1= points equal to 3 remaining and 2=points equal to 0 remaining then reports

If you dont already have a data model check out this site
    http://www.databaseanswers.org/data_models/index.htm

it may help i dont know.

STUART

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/491409

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice