1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Creating a Loop formula

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Seeseman4, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Seeseman4

Seeseman4 Thread Starter

Hey Guys,

I'm writing a Macro to grab information from one spreadsheet and present it in a nicer and more printable fashion in another spreadsheet. The original spreadsheet displays Projects, listed down the side, and the information about each project listed across. So a project called Test Project would be in A4, and then all of its information sits in B4 through O4.

I have already written the code to pull the information into the new format on the second sheet, but the original spreadsheet (called a report) will have a varying number of projects on it at any given time. I know I will have to adjust the row number for each copy of the code, but how do I write it so that If there is something in A4, then pump out the code that I've written?
    More importantly, how do I write it so that if there is NOTHING in A4, to not write anything at all?

2. Seeseman4

Seeseman4 Thread Starter

I want to use a DoWhile statement, but I don't know how to have it check all of the A(x) in the series and stop when it hits an empty one.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1034691