1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Creating a mix CD with Roxio Basic

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by dugj56, Jan 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dugj56

dugj56 Thread Starter

Hi, what am I doing wrong. My system freezes when I try to burn a single track from a manufactured CD to a CD-R with Roxio EZ CD Creator Basic. I open EZ CD creator, click on make a music CD, then click on music CD project. I insert my The Eagles Greatest Hits CD into my CD-ROM (d:) and a blank CD-R into my CD-RW drive (e:). I highlight track #5 (Desperado) then click add which drops track #5 into the window. I repeat the process with another track then click record. The setup box appears and I accept the defaults of 4X, record CD, and finalize session, don't finalize CD. Then I click start recording. The process CD box appears. Sometimes the top blue bar will move to 1-3% and then freeze. Sometimes the blue bar won't move at all. Only a 3 finger salute will give me control of my pc again and I must reboot if I want to use Roxio again. Is this copy protection from hell? I am able to copy entire CDs using CloneCD and burn data and picture files using Roxio so I know my hardware is working. I just can't make a mix CD. What am I doing wrong??? Thanks.

2. slipe

slipe

First update your software: EZCD 4: http://www.roxio.com/en/support/roxio_support/ecdc/ecdc_software_updatesv4.jhtml EZCD 5: http://www.roxio.com/en/support/roxio_support/ecdc/ecdc_software_updatesv5.jhtml

When you compile the tracks the software does not take the music file from your CD. When you are ready to record it asks for the original CD(s) in order and makes a hard drive image of the music before asking for the blank CD. Most people compile music from several CDs at once and often change their minds based on time available etc, so it doesn’t actually get the CDA files from the audio CDs before you are ready to record.

Since it isn’t asking for the original CD something isn’t exactly right with the software. Updating might help. It is probably locking up because it is looking for Desperado on your blank CD. There isn’t much of a chance an old CD like that has copy protection.

3. slipe

slipe

I forgot to add that finalizing the session is the same as finalizing the disc for audio CDs unless you intend playing them only on your computer. Most stereos, car players, boomboxes etc can only see the first session. You can add more but they won’t play.

Multi-session is great for data since it will be read on a computer and almost anything that can read a data CD is multi-session capable.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115806

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice